Friday 9 March 2012

Flying Day

So today we had our second crack at going out to Church Fenton to fly.  This time we got all the way to Church Fenton, did the drills and actually managed to get two cadets into flight suits and parachutes.  And then the cloud cover decended under 1500 feet and the flights were cancelled.  Gutted.

I got to do the drills.  Watched Tutors and Tucanos doing touch and gos from Air Traffic Control and saw a really good turnback manoeuvre.  Got to have a good look at some Tutors in the hangar.  Got an air nav lesson from a gorgeous pilot.  And, excitingly, I have an enormous and amazing aerospace map of the UK on my wall now - complete with a key sheet.  I've covered the wall next to my fish with it.

Ah well, I will try again when the weather is more reliable.  I'm really disappointed that I didn't get to fly but it was a great day regardless.  The Tutors are gorgeous planes so it was really cool to see them in action.

And next time I wont assume The Postition during the abandon aircraft drill until I've deployed my parachute...


I have also put together a new Pinterest board for aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment