Monday 10 January 2011

Eyes going square from staring at computer screen!

 I really did mean to post yesterday but when it got to 3am and I was still working I decided to write it off and post today instead.

I have been working flat out at getting the website for LTMA overhauled and up and running.  Not only has it got a completely new look, it's got lots more pages added and some tools for my students to use.  It's going a lot faster now that im just adding content - I spent hours last night playing about with the code trying to bend their pre-set designs to look how I want them to look and to be brand it with the LTMA name and logo.

Im fairly good at writing and manipulating HTML code as I spent years making hobby websites out of it but Weebly has a different system.  They use HTML to control the order of the page elements and then the page elements are edited as sub-chapters in CSS.

Need to get the domain name sorted out and attached asap as well.  Can't sort business cards out until that's done.  Unfortunately attaching the domain name to Weebly looks incredibly complicated.

I picked it up eventually, but it baked my noodle while I was getting my head wrapped around it.  Once this website is up is running in a satisfactory manner I'll have a look at the Inklets website again and see if I can get it converted over into a new more useable format.

The Ju Jitsu class went very well yesterday.  Numbers are increasing with the temperature and it was extremely enjoyable.  They are training for their first set of gradings and I have a sneaking suspicion that i'm going to have to be a very proud teacher at the end of the month.

I also floated the idea of taking a team to the Hereford BJJ opens in September and it seemed to go down well.  They will have to work very hard for the next nine months but there's such a lot of talent in that group that I have no doubt they'd come away with some brass.

Have had to put some jobs on hold for today in favour of the website but i'll do them tomorrow after my dreaded trip to the dentist.  LTMA work always cheers me up and focuses my mind.  On a more pleasent note i've chosen the trophy that will, henceforth, be awarded after gradings to the highest scorer.  It's going to be engraved jade coloured glass in a nice presentation case.  All bets are out on who's going to win it though!  I'm waiting for my trophy guy to get back to me - i'd like to have it at the club so the guys can see it before the exams.


Asante sana - Thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment