Saturday 15 January 2011

Zen Monkey

I have added another trip to my bucket list.  I now wish to do a trip to China and train on Wudang Mountain and possibly at the Shaolin Temple.  It's something I want to do on my own to find focus and self awareness.  I'd like to visit the great wall of China and take a Chinese Calligraphy workshop.

This leads to me to ponder whether I should start learning Chinese as well?  I have a friend who did a degree in Chinese and spent a year in China so I might ask her to give me some useful and simple phrases to learn.  You also have to take Chinese Language classes when you do training programmes in China because the teachers don't speak English!

I reckon I can manage the Chinese martial arts terminology on my own the same way I did the Japanese.  I will need major help with the social side though.


Swahili:    Sielewi - I don't understand
Chinese:   Yun Shou - Cloud Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment