Saturday 8 January 2011

Good Intentions & Tomato Abstinence

My good intentions went right out the window this morning.  I endeavoured to get up early but when my alarm went off my head felt like i'd snapped my neck in the night so instead of getting up and taking painkillers I tossed my pillow and gave it another hour stretched flat.  That combined with a hot shower helped and it had worn off completely by about lunch time.

Upon entering the bathroom for my shower I noticed that the window was white.  Utterly aghast and hardly able to believe it I opened the window and, yes, it had SNOWED.  I hate snow.  It stuck as well.  Have had a bit of drizzle this evening so im hoping will have washed away by tomorrow.  I really need the weather not to drop into freezing again or LTMA will really suffer - the gym will be too cold and people just wont turn up.

I'm going to investigate potentially using the Yoga studio downstairs but my big problem is that they have to let us store mats and a crashmat and then we'd have to buy the mats.  Which will be several thousand pounds.  Need to do some thinking and plotting and planning.  The room we're in will be fine until next winter as long as the weather does drop too far bit it's fairly dingy and pretty small plus we can only have the one slot a week.  J is nagging me to find solutions to all these problems so I suppose that's what i'll have to do.

Cooked the beef casserole, as promised, with potentially the best dumplings i've ever tasted.  Posted the recipe on the SwapShop so i've been a good little revolutionist.  I even washed up too.

It's now been a week since we started our spice-free, tomato-free diet.  Our diet consisted of an awful lot of tomato based stuff until J stripped his stomach lining; it's been great fun putting together alternative meal plans.  No spaghetti bolognaise, but I can live with that.  I refuse to live without my spicy tomato and pepperoni pasta bake though, it's my favourite food in the world.


Lala salama - Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment