Wednesday 15 February 2012

So, great Valentines day yesterday.  Normally we ignore Valentines so it was nice to have a change.  We took a picnic to the Royal Armouries and spent the day looking at the very pretty weapons and doing the kids activities including a dragon hunt and petting zoo.  I got to hold a scorpion and made friends with a yellow Burmese Python.


Watched a video on Katana forging and a live demonstration of Katana work also - I'm such a nerd.  Right at the end J treated me to some bolts on the Cross Box range.  I think I prefer a bow or a rifle to be honest but it was good fun.

We ran the class last night and, as expected, got low numbers but I do enjoy having a small class from time to time.  It allowed me to do some really specific work with the students that turned up and I think they all went away considerably more dangerous than they came in.  I'm looking forward to seeing them test their new tricks next week.

We ate very late as I cooked a special meal.  Baked chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese, a selection of roast veggies and stuffed pepper.  Will be adding recipes to website later as they were 100% triumph.  Haven't eaten such a nice meal for a very long time.

Interview prep all day, off to get some practical coaching done later this morning.  Hoping to see RB this afternoon for some fun and games and then shooting this evening.  CO is looking into sending me on Range Management and Skill at Arms Instructor courses.  Life is as exciting as you make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment