Wednesday 22 February 2012

Very pleased indeed, I received some more items for my weapons collection today!


My brand new bokken arrived, which completes my Red Oak Katana training collection.  The lovely R at Blitz gave me a fantastic tip for getting my Saya (scabbard) to fit my bokken: heat up the mouth of the Saya (don't try this on the Saya for a Katana!) and slide the bokken in while the plastic is hot - makes for a perfect fit.  Bam.

I also got a case for my Nunchaku and a Bo case.  I'm missing a Bo but I have a Jo - I figured buying a Jo case is pointless as both a Bo and Jo will happily live in a Bo case together, whereas a Jo case would be too short.  I'm also short a pair of Tonfa and respective case. I suspect that a Bo, pair of Tonfa and case my well find their way onto the next order...

The weapons section of the Blitz catalogue is undoubtedly my favourite part of the website.  I really could do with a pair of metal Kama for display purposes (soon my pretties, soon...).  J has promised to import me a sexy handmade, folded Katana from Japan.  I can foresee me a Customs butting heads over that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment