Wednesday 4 January 2012

2012 Resolutions *drumroll*

I think this year I shall endeavor to be more sensible and wiser with my new year resolutions.  I shall strive for inner peace and personal enrichment.  I shall also be more vague to increase chances to success.  And yes, I know that's technically cheating.
 
1. Write more
 
Can include personal and professional blog, creative writing, book etc.
 
2. Learn some basic Swahili
 
I am sticking with this one.  Jambo!
 
3. Gain a new qualification
 
Worked quite well last year so stands good chance of contributing to success this year (cop out)
 
4. Improve general level of fitness and firmness
 
Being female this is obligatory
 
5. Do more things that are fun
 
Examples: Walking dog in beautiful places, art, craft and drawing, time with friends, playing etc
 
6. Do something that I've never done before and will never forget.
 
Plenty of possibilities here...
 
7. Have an adventure.
 
I confess, big Famous Five fan.
 
8. Be less messy and more considerate / tolerant in general.
 
Cleanliness is next to godliness.  Patience is a virtue.  You get the idea.
 
9. Dedicate more time to my own training
 
This has been a major flaw of mine for years.  I get so caught up teaching others I forget about me.
 
10. Get a job.
 
Obvious one there possibly?
 
I think I'd better print these off and put them up in a conspicuous place.  Remember: For peace of mind we must first resign general management of the Universe...


Swahili: Amani.
Translation: Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I actually forgot you even had this blog until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have neglected it dreadfully for the last year...

    ReplyDelete