Sunday 15 January 2012

It is with infinite anguish and sorrow that I find the last spoonful of my Douwe Egberts, which I was so looking forward to drinking, gone.    RIP Dowe Egberts, you shall be greatly missed.


 We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our empty jar. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this tragedy takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new taste - a taste that our beloved coffee gave its life to protect, to nourish. It did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate its profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my coffee, I can only say this: of all the coffees I have encountered in my travels, this brand was the most... human smooth.

3 comments:

  1. And now you can make the jar into a sexy lantern or candle, á la Yankee Candles :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a special jar because it has the snazzy airtight seal at the top we just keep hold of it, wash it out and replensih it when we come by more of the good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrible spelling and grammar there!

    ReplyDelete