Thursday 12 January 2012

Eureka

Have changed name of sonnet.  This one fits better: Paramour.

Taz was outstanding at dog club - for once not the disgrace of the class.  Am a proud Mummy indeed.

I did mean to do some constructive things tonight, possibly tick some bits off my To Do list.  Instead I managed to watch three hours worth of the BBC modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes.  It was actually awesome, they didn't butcher it and they didn't try to make Holmes into some sort of Hollywood superhero.  I will continue to watch it I think.

Tomorrow I will definitely tick some things off my To do list.  I will also clean the kitchen in preparation for art day with M on Friday.  I need to pick a new subject to draw...  Need to begin new poem also.  Will have a think, perhaps inspiration will come to me in my sleep.  Wouldn't be the first time.

Am going to leave phone on other side of room tonight and see what happens with alarm.  Am tempted to use Red Alert as alarm tone but I've done it before end up starting the day with palpitations.  Have gone with the Star Trek end credits as Taz loves them.  If it doesn't wake me up Taz will - nothing like a fat-footed pooch getting all excited and proceeding to thunder round and lick you to give you a rude awakening.  It doesn't half bring you round quickly when you open your eyes a little bit and the dog is staring at you, an inch from your face.

I should start Brisingr tonight but I know if I do then I simply wont sleep.  Why then, I ask myself, did I bring it upstairs?  On a side note, I may get new glasses soon.  Mine have been wonky ever since I got them and they are getting pretty old.  I should probably have my eyes re-checked and have the correct prescription made up but that will have to wait for now.

Music for today: Keane.  Completely forgot about that little gem until, in search of something for my Wednesday Night Sing-Along, I dug it out of my CD tin on the way to dog club.  I mean parked at the road side before I set off for dog club.


Swahili: Kwaje?
Translation:  Why?

2 comments:

  1. There's only one more Sherlock left of this series :( but you can get your mitts on series 1 on dvd. I'm in love.

    Play the sound of my voice on your alarm. Taz will fart spectacularly, thus waking you up and getting you in the shower before you can say "Great Scot! What is that offensive odour?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably then get straight back out of the shower, and back in, and back out. I should be an expert in the Hokey Cokey by the end of the month...

    ReplyDelete