Monday 9 January 2012

This is just getting silly.  I was up until half four again last night - I have become a proper night owl.  I thought visiting my parents over Christmas would fix my sleeping pattern but obviously it hasn't worked.  In fact, it's made it worse as I'm going to bed an average of an hour and half later...

The reason I was up so late is that I decided to do some casual scribbling before I went to sleep.  This turned into an all out sonnet and five hours later I was still banging my head against a wall  The first two stanzas came easily, the third stanza took hours but I got there eventually.  The couplet at the end is still evading me.

This morning I got treated to yet another breakfast in bed :)  Only J does bacon the way I like it - no one else has ever managed.  On a good day he makes a truly awesome cup of tea as well.

Had to pick thorns out of Taz's shoulders and head last night; I don't know where he got them from but my roses had better still be intact!  He doesn't even notice, he'd have all sorts of problems if I wasn't in the habit of checking him when he comes in.  We're currently enjoying the Lion King soundtrack - it's one of his favourites.


Swahili: Simba, Mfalme
Translation: Lion, King

No comments:

Post a Comment