Thursday 12 January 2012

There are many downsides to where I live but the view out the back is rather good and we do tend to get the most interesting weather.  Really bright moons and gorgeous sunsets that set the whole horizon on fire.

Have just woken up from unexpected nap.  Been a while since me and the dog have spontaneously passed out on the sofa.  On the downside I now have nap-mouth but on the plus side I've started dreaming about lesson plans for the coming groundwork course.  My mind is a twisted but useful tool at times.

Ironic how when I go to bed at a reasonable time I need naps during the day and struggle to get up.  However, when I stay up until silly o'clock I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Odd.

The majority of my day was taken up with a trip to Leeds to pick J up.  Although I love my new clutch (the Pug has never driven this well) there were accidents, idiots on the road and speeding emergency service vehicles all over the place.  Plus I hate driving through Leeds city centre so all in all it put me in a bad mood.

I did, however, watch the most amazing episode of Due South ever when I got home which stuck me right back on my perch.  Mounties, Paul Gross, Leslie Nielson and wolves literally parachuting in to save the day.  You can't beat that.  I followed it up with an episode of Red Dwarf and am struggling against the notion of using the Rimmer Salute next time I meet an authority figure.

I'm an insufferable Geek.  But, in my defence, so is the dog...


Swahili: Gari
Translation: Car

No comments:

Post a Comment