Monday 16 January 2012

Stardate 16012012

Aside from the rabid excitement of getting my fish, I was also presented with a new jar of DE.  Which proceeded to have a party in my mouth.

On the downside I had abuse shouted at me in the street by, of all people, Red Cross canvassers.  Merely because I didn't have time to stop (on a fish mission) and they were bored and felt hard done by because they'd been stood out on the street all day.  And I'm not extrapolating, they told me so.  I was really polite too.  I'm sorry, but they get paid (plus commission) for securing donations for charity - it's their job.  If they don't like it, don't do it.  And certainly don't scream abuse at people because they don't want to talk to you.

I also failed to find a Chinese brush painting kit, which I'm absolutely gutted about.  I really wanted to start working on plants and Koi but I guess I'll have to put it on hold.  I wanted to experiment painting Spock and Kirk as they both have a beautiful blend of colours.  Really gutted, I've never been much good at the painting side of things and it was quite exciting to find a paint / ink based medium that I didn't suck at.  I plan on seeing if I can use watercolours as a sufficient substitute for now so that I can get some practice in.

But back on the plus side, I now have a second pair of reading and close work glasses.  They are identical to my other pair except that these ones aren't wonky.  Win. Tomorrow I may wear them to Fish Watching...

Cadets rolled by, mainly consisting of revision on my behalf.  For youngsters they certainly make a decent cup of tea!  I also discovered this video...



This evening I executed a rescue operation in the garden and relocated my potted plants indoors.  Not much I can do for the rockery but I did my best with the bedded rose:


Ingenious, no?  I hope it survives the frost.  It's bitterly cold but stunning outside.  The garden looks like someone has blown a handful of fine glitter over it.  My favourites are the Ivy leaves and the pebble gravel.

I've started doing the planning for my next poem, hope to get some structuring done tomorrow if time permits.


Swahili: Waridi
Translation: Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment